All CARV bags are made from natural vegetable tanned leather. This leather is produced using natural tannins such as tree bark, giving it a beautiful smell and natural finish.
Vegetable tanned leather adapts and ages well over time, often darkening and transforming with a patina (a sheen that develops on the surface).
Our care Advice:
- Bags can be used in all weather conditions – the beauty of natural leather is that it will develop a patina (sheen) and darken over time when exposed to water and contact with skin oils.
- Avoid spilling coloured liquids on the leather.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects.
- Store in a cool, dry place when not in use and avoid extended periods of sunlight exposure.
- Conditioning occasionally will help protect the leather and retain moisture to avoid drying or cracking. Our recommendation is Oakwood Leather Conditioner which you can pick up online.